To be eligible for Attendant Care Services, you must:
- Be a resident of Pennsylvania
- Be 18-60 - Individuals that turn 60 while in the waiver will be able to continue to receive services through the Independence Waiver.
- Individuals who are physically disabled (but not with mental retardation or have a major mental disorder as a primary diagnosis), who reside in a Nursing Facility (NF) or the community but who have been assessed to require services at the level of nursing facility level of care.
- In addition, the disability must result in substantial functional limitations in three or more of the following major life activities:
- Self-care, understanding and use of language, learning, mobility, self-direction and/or capacity for independent living.
- Meet the financial requirements as determined by your local County Assistance Office.