Aging WaiverThe Pennsylvania Department of Aging Waiver is a long-term living program that provides older Pennsylvanians the help they need to live independently in their own homes and communities. Consider these benefits as you read about the Aging Waiver:
- Provides a long term living opportunity other than a nursing facility;
- Allows you to receive services in your home;
- Offers a wide array of home health and personal care services;
- Gives you a choice of approved services and providers;
- Qualifies participants for other Medical Assistance benefits;
- Provides on-going support and assistance from the local Area Agency on Aging.
What services are available?Home health and personal care services, home support, attendant care, respite care, adult day care, transportation, home modifications, specialized medical equipment and supplies, counseling, extended state plan physician services, home delivered meals, personal emergency response, and companions. Care management and service coordination is provided by the Area Agency on Aging.
Who is eligible?You must be a resident of Pennsylvania, at least 60 years of age, and meet all of the following criteria:
- Be clinically and financially eligible for MA services
- Can be served in the community by available health and social services
- Meet the financial requirements, as determined by your local county assistance Office.
- Agree to the requirements and responsibilities of the program.